35 Point House Cleaning Checklist
Our 35 Point House Cleaning Check List will leave your home Sterling Clean! Our commitment to your health and well being doesn't stop at a clean home. We understand that clean air is also important!
Our ProTeam vacuum cleaner has a 4 level HEPA filtration system, which caputres dust mites, pet hair, dead skin cells, pollen, mold and bacteria. These allergens could be lurking inside your home causing allergies. With the HEPA Media Filters, our ProTeam vacuums capture and contain 99.97% of allergens and asthma triggers 0.3 microns or larger.
Sterling Clean Maids, LLc helps you breath healthier air!
Relax and let us do the cleaning!
General Cleaning In Every Room
- Remove Cobwebs: Removal of cobwebs from walls, corners and/or light fixtures using a feather duster.
- Chandeliers: Light dusting of chandelier to remove cobwebs (If we can reach it with a 2 step ladder).
- Dust Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans in reach using a two-step ladder will be cleaned by hand, otherwise a feather duster only will be used.
- Dust Doors, Frames & knobs: Doors, door frames and knobs will be cleaned by hand the first time we clean your home. During regularly scheduled service, those items will be cleaned by hand when needed.
- Dust Shutters or Blinds: Shutters and horizontal blinds(reachable with a 2-step ladder) will be cleaned by hand the first time you schedule service with our team. During regularly scheduled service, those items will be cleaned by hand when needed.
- Dust window sills: Our team members will clean window sills in your home, please note this task does not include cleaning the window tracks.
- Clean light switches: We will clean and disinfect light switches by hand the first time we clean your home, in a regular service we will clean those when needed
- Dust Baseboards: We will clean baseboards by hand on the first time we clean your home. In a regular service baseboards will be vacuumed or cleaned by hand when needed.
- Care of hard floors: We will vacuum all hard floors, mop it and dry it. We get the best products and deliver the best results
- Cat litter box: We will vacuum around the box; we do not clean inside the box.
- General cleaning tasks: We will remove cobwebs, dust ceiling fans, doors, door knobs, door frames, shutters or blinds, window sills and baseboards, remember these items are to be cleaned by hand the first time we clean your home, in a regular service meaning a weekly, Biweekly or Monthly service these items will be cleaned by hand only when it is needed. We will spot clean the walls.
- Dust Furniture: We will clean dust off furniture and shelves. Please note in shelves, we do not remove books, CD's, or DVD/Blu-Rays to clean under these items, we will only clean around them.
- Leather sofas and Paintings: Please note we only dust off leather sofas with a micro fiber towel we do not use any cleaner on the leather, we just remove the dust. Also note we will only clean the frame of the paintings we can reach with a 2 step ladder. We do not clean the surface of the painting. Tables or furniture painted by hand will be dusted with a dry towel, no cleaning solutions.
- Dust Wall Hangings: We will be happy to clean all your wall hangings that we can reach with a 2 step ladder. Like family pictures so they will always look the way they did when you hung them.
- Note: We will be happy to dust shelves and move up to 9 items in a section; we will clean anything we can reach with a 2 step ladder. Also remember you can let us know if there is anything in the home you do not want us to touch.
- Clean mirrors and outside of cabinets: We will clean mirrors and outside of the cabinets, we will not open any cabinets to clean inside.
- Clean and Disinfect Toilets: We will clean and disinfect inside and outside of the toilet including under the rim.
- Clean and Disinfect Tubs: We will clean and disinfect tubs.
- Clean and Disinfect Showers: We will clean walls in showers, we will clean glass doors inside and outside, we will also work on the soap scum, water mineral deposits in the shower and mild dew in the corners as long it is not under the calking or under the paint or drywall. We don’t clean curtains in the shower
- Bathroom Sinks & Counters: We will clean Counters and sinks and work on the water mineral deposits around the faucet.
- Disinfect Bathroom Floors: We will vacuum and disinfect the floor in the bathroom.
- Damp Wipe Cabinet Doors: We will damp wipe cabinet doors, please note we will not open cabinets to clean inside of them, and we will not clean on top of the cabinets. We will only clean the front of the cabinet doors, please also note we will not scrub the cabinets to prevent dullness on the wood.
- Outside of Appliances : Our cleaning team will be happy to clean the outside of the appliances such as: top and front of the stove, front of dishwasher, top and outside of refrigerator as long it does not have more than 9 magnets on it. We will also clean outside of small appliances like toaster oven, blender, can opener, coffee pot, toaster, please remember these task includes only the outside.
- Inside of Microwave: We will be happy to clean inside of the microwave every time so you have a clean and healthy item to warm up your meals.
- Kitchen Counters: Our team will be pleased to clean counter tops and move small items as long there are no more than 9 items on a section.
- Kitchen Sinks: We will clean sinks and faucets and work on the hard water mineral deposits around the faucet; we will also spray disinfectant inside the drain for a neutral smell coming out of the drain in the sink.
- Kitchen Floors: We will vacuum and mop kitchen floors.
- Vacuum Upholstered Furniture: Our team will be happy to vacuum furniture including under the cushions, and under furniture if our vacuum brush fits under it.
- Vacuum Stairs: We will vacuum stairs
- Edge / Vacuum Carpeting: We will do edging on the carpet the first time we clean your home and when needed on a regular service, we will also vacuum all carpeted areas every time, we will vacuum under the bed when it is clear of items. Please remember we will not move any items to clean under we will only move those small items we can easily move with one hand.
- Vacuum Hard Surfaced Floors: We will vacuum all hard surfaced floors including stone, tile, or hardwood. Please remember we will not move any items to clean under we will only move those small items we can easily move with one hand.
Our Special Touch:
- Pick Up & Straighten: We will pick up and Straighten items such as putting all bottles with label at the front.
- Make Beds / Change Linens: Our special team will make beds and change linens when requested, please make sure you have clean linens ready on top of the bed you want us to make, that way we know you want us to make it and we will place the dirty linens on top of your laundry machines.
- Empty Trash: We will collect trash in every room and put it in the trash bin/dumpster, except when you request us not to do so.
- Spot Clean Windows: We will spot clean windows as needed. Such as the occasional hand print or smudge.
Little one's room:
Baby’s room: Because we understand how important the health of the little one is. We only use a damp rag with water to clean in baby’s rooms, no cleaning solutions will be used. Unless we are told do so otherwise.
We do the cleaning so you can relax!
We can clean: Patios/Decks, Ovens, Refrigerators & Windows* at an additional cost. Please note all of these can be included on a first time clean or one time clean service. *(Please also note we do not clean 2+ story windows. We will only clean windows that can be reached on a two step ladder)
We Don't Do The Following
- We won't open drawers or cabinets except on a Move In/Out clean or vacant home.
- We won't move heavy items such as stove, refrigerators, laundry machines, beds, sofas, tables or any heavy furniture that might present a safety issue or hazard to our employees.
- We won't clean silk plants.
- We won't clean any type of collections (commemorative plates, shot glass collections, antique Ming vases, weapons, etc)
- We won't flip mattresses.
- We won't clean clogged toilets.
- We won't clean TV's or computer monitor screens.
- We won't clean high shelves that we cannot reach with a 2 step ladder.
- We won't try to clean anything we cannot reach with a 2 step ladder.
- We won't look into your personal information.
- We won't touch or adjust the thermostat. (Please leave home at a comfortable temperature).
- We won't clean inside closets, except on a Move In/Out clean or vacant home. Unless we are asked to do so.
- We won't open doors to anybody while we are cleaning your home. If you are expecting a visitor please ensure someone is home to let them in.
- We won't clean outdoor grills.